Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Top Pick

“Jewelry Works by Kim”, is today's “Thursday Top Pick” .  Her shop boasts some gorgeous items which I hope you will all take a look at.  You can find her shop here………

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6946343

These pictures depict a couple of her favorite items…….

kimberly photo1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Forest Canopy Earrings

 

                                                                  

kimberly photo 2 Icy Leaves Earrings

 

WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO OPEN AN ETSY SHOP?

I have been making jewelry for over 12 years.  I had only sold my pieces at boutiques and craft shows.  I did have my own website up until last year, but getting traffic to it was almost impossible.  Over the past holiday season, I met up with a former boutique owner that used to carry my jewelry.  She and I got to talking about Etsy and how we were both planning to open a shop on Etsy.  So, here I am with my very own shop on Etsy.  I have since closed down my other website.

WHAT KIND OF ITEMS DO YOU SELL IN YOUR ETSY SHOP?

I design and make handcrafted jewelry.  My favorite metal to use is silver.  I like to combine natural stone and glass beads in my pieces.  I would describe my jewelry as “Modern”.

WHAT IS THE NAME AND LINK TO YOUR FAVORITE ETSY SHOP (OTHER THAN YOUR OWN) ?

While hunting for items to put in a treasury I was making (I still have not been able to snag one), I came across this wonderful artist named, Melissa Moss.  She creates awesome paintings, many of which have a leaf or tree theme.  (A girl with the same love of leaves as me).  Check out her beautiful artwork.  One of these days when I am finally able to get a treasury, she will be featured.           

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5039797&ga_search_query=melissamoss&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

A big thank you goes out to Kimberly for being so cooperative in getting this feature up and running.  As usual, any comments you leave are muchly appreciated.  :o)

4 comments:

melissa moss said...

Thanks so much, Kim, for naming me your favorite Etsy shop. Love your work too. And thanks Ronna for letting me know. Great blog and great work.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina Moore said...

Very pretty jewelry!

Anonymous said...

Love the forest canopy earings and thank you for your work on the Tue-Thurs pics there is so much to see on etsy it is easy to miss alot,Great blog. Tammy


My Etsy Shop