Saturday, April 11, 2009

5 A.M.

Anyone who has been following my blog can probably figure out why I titled this post 5 a.m. Of course, as you already know, today was my day to get up with the kids and the puppy. I was dreading the fact that Karli would probably be up at 6:30 or so, so I devised a plan that I thought would buy me a little extra snooze time. The plan was, that whatever time Karli got up to go to the bathroom, instead of putting her back in her crate where she would start whining and crying around 6 a..m., I would put her in bed with us. This plan might have worked except for the fact that Nick has been sleeping with us ever since he had a really bad dream awhile ago. So this is what happened. Karli was up at 5 a.m. I took her to the bathroom which instead of the usual 5 minutes it usually takes her to do her duty, it took her between 10 and 15 minutes for her to do what I knew she did early every morning, and that was, to put it bluntly, poop. I knew if I didn't wait it out with her that I would be back up again with her within 15 minutes. So, finally she does her thing and back to bed we go. I decide to hold her in bed so she wouldn't wake anyone else up. She was so wiggly that I finally gave up that cause and let go thinking she would lay down and go to sleep. Oh no, this was a huge adventure. We have a kingsize bed, so there would be plenty of room for all of us...right? Karli gets so excited when she knows Nick is in bed so she starts jumping on him and licking him all up. He wakes up giggling but I know that because it is early, he will go back to sleep once she settles down. Well, finally I gave that up because she was not settling down. I put her on the floor, knowing the bed was too high for her to jump and get back in. Well, first she uncovered a piece of pink plastic and was gnawing that, so I had to get up and turn the light on to see what she had. I nicely got settled back in and Nick was dozing back off when Karli manged to jump high enough to get back on the bed. She started licking Nick again and the whole cycle started over again. Every time I put her on the floor, she would get back up. I still believed in my hopeful heart, that she was going to settle down and go back to sleep. That was a pipe dream. A little before 6 am I gave up and put her back in her crate. I was just nicely settling back down where I thought I would go back to sleep, only to have Nick start asking me if we could get up. I told him "no" it was still night time and we needed to go back to sleep. He kept pestering me, and by now the puppy was sleeping, so I told Nick he had to go to sleep and quiet down or he would wake up the puppy. Finally, I thought Nick went to sleep but he didn't, and I was snuggled down ever so nicely in my warm bed, when all of a sudden, the puppy is awke and whining to get up. Nick starts asking to get up again, so I finally cashed it in and got up at 6:45 am. By this time it was actually a relief to put the night behind me. So, instead of my great plan gaining me an hour of sleep, I actually lost at least that much and have now been awake since 5 am. I made some nice strong coffee as I knew I would be needing that caffeine jolt if I was to make it through the day..LOL

Well, yesterday I signed up for "Adsense" which is a service offered by google which allows you to sell ad space on your blog. I was moving right along in this process until I had to cut and paste the code into the body of the HTML. I spent about an hour and a half before supper working on it and another hour or so after supper until I was ready to pull my hair out. I have no clue if I suceeded or how badly I may have messed up the computer, but I finally quit and figured maybe my sweet Megan would straighten it all out after she arrives today (good thing she is wiz on the computer). I was so disappointed in myself because I have come so far in figuring out how to do things on the computer. Having my business on line has forced me to learn alot, but I have taken on even more and been so pleased that I could figure things out all by myself. Well, I know when to surrender and call in the reinforcements. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new puppy story...all of us dog lovers have been there. My brother's new dog is named "Carly" also.


My Etsy Shop