Monday, April 27, 2009

Starting a New Blog Element

I have decide to start something I call, “Tuesday & Thursday Top Picks”.  Every Tues. and Thurs. I will be featuring an Etsy shop which will include a couple of pictures and a little bit about the artist.  If any of my readers would be interested in being featured, please leave a comment and I will contact you for information.  I am excited about this as there are so many wonderful shops offering such a variety of products.

I forgot to mention that  this past Thursday evening at dinner, Nick bit into his sub and started screaming about his front tooth.  At a glance, I could see that it was bleeding a bit, but did not tell him as he totally freaks out if he thinks he is bleeding.  His tooth was so loose that it had to come out or he would continue to be in pain every time he tried to eat.  Now this is the second tooth he has lost and the last one was pulled by the school nurse.  I asked him if I could pull it and he said that only the school nurse could do it.  I told him that mommy is a nurse (which I am) and I could work at school if I wanted to.  He kept screaming and crying and then he says in his really sad voice, “But I LOVE this tooth”.  We had all we could not to laugh which would have made the situation worse.  Finally he decides to trust me to pull it.  I got a hold of it and told him to let me know when he was ready for me to pull.  He nodded and I pulled.  It popped right out and he let out a blood curdling scream and kept proclaiming loudly, “I can’t believe you did that to me”.  After I get him to rinse (the whole time he is crying), I told him to look in the mirror.  Once he saw that gaping hole in his mouth he was perfectly fine.  Here is his now look.  :o)

nicks tooth

7 comments:

Piggy said...

Haha :) I can so totally understand that you must be holding back your giggles.. This is so part of growing up and I think it's the little thing that we miss when kids grow up. :)

Arelel Designs said...

Thanks for leaving a comment "Piggy". We never got the chance to really miss it, because by the time our "Homemade family" was grown we had adopted our two little guys that we got in foster care when they were 4 years old and 9 months. They are now 11 and 7. :o0

Punky N Munky said...

oh that is hilarious! My daughter has her first tooth that is just the slightest bit wiggly, she cannot wait for it to come out!

AMIdesigns said...

My daugher is such a drama queen when she loses teeth. and there's always so much blood too! hope the tooth fairy remembered to come :)

I'd love to be featured in your blog if you are still looking for people

RhiannonSTR said...

I love it when they lose their teeth - they are so cute! My girl lost the two front ones at once and I took tons of pictures of her.

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

"But I love this tooth!" Hehe, I can picture a kid saying that. :)

If you ever would like to feature a knitter in your blog, I'd love to be considered!

AMIdesigns said...

Thanks for offering to feature me on your blog. my email is
alisonirving40@hotmail.com


My Etsy Shop