Monday, April 20, 2009

We Made it!!!

Yes!!!! Steve and I survived Easter vacation and we even enjoyed some aspects of it. Our trip to Canada was a very good day (however, my legs are still hurting like toothaches due to all the extra stair climbing LOL), it was great not having to deal with Bradly and his morning issues at 6:15 am, and I really loved not having to enforce homework assignments.

We watched a really a really cute movie on "ABC Family" last night. It was called, "My Fake Fiance'". Joey Lawrence and Melissa Joan Hart starred in it. It was a romantic comedy and refreshingly different from most. If it plays again and you want a nice, funny, lighthearted but romantic movie, then be sure you don't miss this one.

I am looking forward to spending the day in my studio working on the custom order I received last week. Working in my studio is very relaxing and I do a lot of thinking while I am down there too. Essentially, having my Etsy shops has been very therapeutic for me. I would love it if my business built up enough that it would really become a financial support for us. Either way, I love it and that alone makes it worth it. It is very satisfying to look at something you have created with your own hands and imagination. I am sure it like this for anyone who creates.

Steve and I were relieved to speak to Steven yesterday and know that our son was ok and had not had a tornado touch down where he lives in Texas. He is living in Passadena, which is very close to Houston. When we talked to him on Saturday, he was getting very poor phone reception and he said there were so many warnings alerting people to the possibility of a tornado touching down. Today Steven is starting his new job which pays well and starts right out with benefits. He loves his new apartment and we are thrilled that life is really going well for him. He has worked hard to turn his life around and make better choices. It took moving away from all of his so called "friends", but he has done it, and Steve and I are very proud of him. We have truly been blessed with a wonderful family... loving and respectful and always there for each other . None of us are perfect, and we have definately had our share of problems, but we are all trying to be the best we can be. :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop