Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finished

I got the custom listing finished yesterday.  I am very pleased with how it turned out, and I sent some pics to the customer and she thinks it is awesome.

custom order 1

Bradly is having some major issues with lying.  I am ready to pull my hair out (and trust me, I don’t have any to spare) because I am so sick and tired of it.  Last night after he went to bed, he went into the upstairs bathroom and opened a package of unsweetened, red kool-aid.  He added water and made a mess which he cleaned up with tissues and by the way he did a really bad job of cleaning up. Meantime, I start smelling something all the way downstairs and am getting concerned about what it is, but cannot find the source.  When I go up to bed, the smell is stronger upstairs.  My nose led me to the bathroom where the smell was the strongest.  The sink is smeared with a red substance which was not there earlier in the day.  Now, Brad is the only one who has been upstairs since Steve and I came down in the morning, so it is pretty obvious who the culprit is.  I still did not know exactly what it was, so I opened the lid on the waste paper can (just call me Sherlock), and there is a whole wad of red soaked tissues and the empty kool-aid package.  I went into Bradly’s room and asked him where he had gotten the kool-aid and what he was doing with it.  He pastes a dumb founded look on his face and plays innocent.  I had him get up and come in the bathroom to see the evidence, thinking he wouldn’t be able to deny it when it is obvious he is busted.  Well, he dramatically keeps telling me that he doesn’t know anything about it and he wants to go back to bed.  I said he could go back to bed when we get to the bottom of this which means he has to tell the truth.  He proceeds to lie and deny that he knows where it came from or what he was doing with it for over 30 minutes.  He becomes belligerent and disrespectful, raising his voice at me and of course I was the recipient of some very nasty faces (good thing I am not faint of heart..LOL).  Finally he told me that he got the kool-aid from a kid in school (which I rather doubt), and he snuck it upstairs then made himself kool-aid when he was supposed to be in bed.  He wanted to make himself kool-aid that he wouldn’t have to share.  I asked him if it was quite yummy since it was unsweetened.  He admitted it was awful.  Now, of course I am disappointed that he was sneaky, but that is kid fashion sometimes.  It is the lying that disappoints me the most.   What is the point when he knows we know he did it and that the discussion will continue until he tells the truth.  I reminded him that over a year ago he pulled something similar when he got into our daughters nail polish.  The upstairs reeked of it and it was on his pajamas, yet he spent 1 1/2 hours denying he even knew what we were talking about.  When I reminded him of where that got him, he decided to be honest last night.  After Brad’s hospitalization, the lying had improved.  Last night felt just like it used to feel and although I know this situation isn’t hopeless, today that is what it feels like.  It is very hard to live with someone you can’t trust or believe.  I am sorry I sound so negative, but I am sure it will pass…..sharing it helps.  :o)

3 comments:

carollai said...

that's really tough. it seems you handled it well, with reminding him of a past event. how old is he? perhaps it's a phase and with correct discipline (and love), he'll grow through it?

will say prayers on your families behalf.

KittsKrafts said...

Your bag turned out beautiful!
=^..^=

Arelel Designs said...

Carollai...Bradly is 11 years old. Thank you for the encouragement.


My Etsy Shop