Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two Sales

I was blessed yesterday to have had two sales in my Etsy purse shop.  It always feels good when something sells  because that means that my creations are marketable and being enjoyed by other people.  Naturally, we like the things we make, but it just means a lot when other people like them too.  I started a beach bag yesterday.  The outside is going to be navy and white stripes (wide) and the inside will be navy blue canvas.  I have a cotton web belt that I bought at a second hand shop which is navy and white.  The belt will be the straps.  I wish I had some of the white nautical rope, but I don’t, so the belt will work well.  My idea is to have a solid, navy canvas square on the front of the bag with a white anchor designed in it.  I have the anchor drawn and just need to do the appliqué.   I hope it looks as good finished as it does in my mind.  I decided to relist this bag today as I won’t have the beach bag finished until later today.  I like to list or relist something every morning. 

doggie travel bag 1 This is a “Travel Doggie Bag” which is rather like a babies diaper bag.  Everything shown comes with it, and it sure would make traveling with your pooch much easier.doggie travel bag 5

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I am wondering what happened to the warm temperatures we had been enjoying.  Brrr, when I got up at 6:15 AM I was quite cold.  It was even warm yesterday morning, but halfway through the day we were busy closing the windows.  I confess to breaking down and turning on the furnace around supper time.  I talked to my brother that lives in south Dakota on Sunday.  He said they had a day last week that the temperatures were in the 90’s last week and then they plummeted and it was in the 40’s there on Sunday.  Crazy weather.

I will be featuring another Etsy shop tomorrow for the “Thursday Top Picks”. I have been enjoying the hunt for shops to feature and have found shops I might never have seen if not for this venture.  I hope my readers are enjoying this new addition to my blog.  Remember, I love to read your comments and ideas.  If anyone would like to recommend a shop or seller please leave their name and their shop link in the comment section of my blog.  :o)

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Congrats on the sales!! You bags are beautiful!! I love your shop - wish I was so talented. Have an awesome day!!

Elizabeth P said...

Congratulations on your sales! your bags are beautiful!

Arelel Designs said...

Thank you Audrey and softpencil for the kind words. You are both very talented!

Mendy said...

Congrats on the Sales! The doggie bag is a fabulous idea. We travel with our dog and it is almost like traveling with a toddler! :)


My Etsy Shop