Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Creative Juices are Flowing

I have been having a lot of fun experimenting with different designs and techniques in my studio. I listed a corduroy wristlet this morning. I have had this piece of corduroy for quite some time. I cut this fabric of the bottom of a pr. of pants that needed hemming. I think it is very original looking and hopefully it attract someone's interest. :o)

Nick had a VERY rough day at school yesterday. We had to pick him up early because he was so out of control. The teacher said she has never seen him like quite like this. He started taking his ADHD medication at noon instead of just in the morning. He has been on it since Friday with no problems. The teacher wondered if that had anything to do with why the afternoon fell apart. The morning had been awesome. If it happens again we might have to stop that dose. Monday the teacher reported a huge improvement in his focus and concentration in the afternoon....nothing is ever cut and dried. I just hope he won't have any more of these problems. His new one-on-one aide is starting on Friday. Today the boys have counseling appointments.

I was quite upset yesterday when Bradly came home from school with a black eye. He is in 5th grade and is having a problem with kids bullying him because he is short. Evidently he was taking a shower after swimming in gym class yesterday, when a boy came in and wanted his spot, so he shoved him into a wall. Then another kid picked him up and dropped him. He has been tripped several times, had his glasses thrown across the room, had his book bag dumped as well as his desk. I have lost track of how many times he has been kicked. Can Brad be irritating?? Most definitely...but he has the right to go to school and not be hurt or humiliated. I talked to his teacher and the assistant principal. It is being dealt with today. I guess he is not the only short kid being bullied. I think they should come down hard on these bullies so others see that there are stiff consequences for this behavior. The most amazing thing is that Brad loves school despite all the bullying, but how long is that going to last if this treatment is allowed to continue. His teacher is wonderful and actually got the ball rolling to get this incident investigated. She took him to the school nurse so she could document his injury and reported it to the assistant principal. I want to see this resolved and I want my son to be able to attend school without the fear of being hurt and intimidated. Brad is doing a great job getting his back work caught up, and he has not been enjoying it. He isn't going to get behind again.

Rachel ended up being able to come home last night. Reid is home until tomorrow as he has to go back to work. We are going to have our corned beef dinner tonight since they will both be here. Mmm....we are doing ours with cabbage and rutabaga...no potato for us unless we make a sweet potato. Rachel has been following South Beach also which makes it nice when she is home that she eats the same way we are. I don't know how much she has lost, but Steve and I both noticed she has lost weight when we saw her last night. I would love to be small enough that 25 pounds of weight loss would show on me, but unfortunately, I need to lose a good 50 lbs. before it is very noticable. I am not letting that deter me because the important thing is I feel better and I can feel the difference. Another plus of course is that we are eating healthy. :o)

1 comment:

Megan said...

wish I was having corned beef dinner! It costs too much for me to make it up here :-( Enjoy some for me!


My Etsy Shop