Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday has Arrived

It is always nice when Friday gets here. Some weeks it seems to get here quicker than other weeks. This has been a really rough week with the boys. Bradly is pushing all my buttons on purpose while doing homework, because he doesn't want to have to do it, he is missing t.v., blah, blah, blah. He is doing things like, doing homework without reading the material or even trying to get the right answers. His one math problem he wrote as an answer, " I don't know so I guessed at the answer". And he didn't even spell it correctly. He has worked four days on his spelling workbook and when I tested him last night on the 20 words, he got 4 correct. I accused him of not even trying, and he agreed. How in the world do you give a kid the "Want to" to do a good job and be successful? I keep patiently and sometimes not so patiently, reminding him that having all this extra work to do, is a direct result of the choice he made to not do his homework in two subjects for the month of February. So, I am glad it is the weekend, but I am hoping we can get through it without all the attitude. Brad keeps not bringing home some of the makeup work he has, and if that happens for the third day, he knows he is grounded over the weekend. If he doesn't bring it home and I have to carry out those consequences, I can guarantee it won't be a good weekend. :o(

Nick starts having a one-on-one aide today. We are hoping and praying that this will help him to get back on track. If it doesn't help, we were told yesterday by our Waiver worker that we may have to request a different placement for him. Unfortunately that would mean having him bussed to Buffalo to attend the "Stanely Faulk" school for behavioraly challenged children. It is a good school from what I understand, but it an hour away and we would really prefer him to be able to attend school in our own school district. To say I am stressed out is an understatement.

Megan has started a blog. Anyone interested in keeping up with her daily life can find her blog here. I know she would love to have you follow her. www.zoev81.blogspot.com

We are having computer problems. I am having to use Internet Explorer to access many of my sites, or I cannot navigate very well and certain things are missing. It is frustrating, expecially since I have my bookmarks on Google and this opens with Yahoo. I am hoping today we can figure out the problem.

Nick just got up 40 minutes early so I need to get him his medication and start getting him ready for school. I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend. :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop