Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Busy Couple of Days

Nick's appointment at the eye doctor was quite revealing. It seems that Nicholas does not see good close up at all, and he sees far away better, but not as well as he should. We have a prescription for glasses that he has to wear all day and an appointment for three months to go back to the eye doctor. I guess with kids they start with a prescription only half as strong as they need. The doctor said that if they were the right strength the kids would probably fall on the floor when he wore them and never wear them again. This way it is a gradual increase and easier for them to get used to. We are hoping that once he can see properly, he will have less frustration doing school work and therefore less behavioral problems.

Today we went to Red Lobster for lunch and used our Christmas gift certificates. Rachel went also as she was headed to Canada to spend a couple of days with Megan and Scott. We really splurged and got the "Ultimate Feast", which consisted of a small Maine lobster tail, crab legs, shrimp scampi and deep fried shrimp. I got asparagus instead of baked potato and I had a garden salad (and didn't eat even one crouton :o)). We each ate the one cheesy garlic roll that we had agreed we could eat. It was an awesome meal and we really enjoyed it. Rachel got the same thing she has gotten since she was like 6 or 7 years old. She got popcorn shrimp and french fries and a garden salad. We had a great time. From there Rachel went to a few stores and then headed north. We headed to Joann Fabrics. :o) :o) Steve found the cutest fabric with little wiener dogs and it was on sale 50% off....I couldn't resist since the little dogs looked just like Karli. The notions wall was 40% off so I go some new pins and some magnetic purse closers plus I got some thread. And yes, I got some other fabric that was on sale.. When you can get half off from fabric, that is the time to buy. I really didn't intend to buy fabric, but what can I say...I am a bit addicted to fabric :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop