Monday, March 16, 2009

College Break

My hubby and I are very much looking forward to our 21 year old twins being home on break from college. Reid attends SUNY at Brockport and Rachel is at D'youville in Buffalo. Unfortunately they have different weeks off from school, so they will probably not see each other, but we will get to see them both. :o) Reid is arriving today and is planning to stay a few days as he has a job he has to return for before break is over. Rachel is on break next week, but her schedule is such that she can come home Thurs. evening and be here for most of the following week until she goes to visit her sister in Hamilton, Ontario. Our younger, adopted sons, Bradly and Nicholas love when the older kids are home.

It was my morning to get up early with Bradly. Not a perfect morning by any stretch, but it was horrible either. It is only 7:15 now and my hubby doesn't have to get up until 8 with Nick, but I just heard him up with puppy, who has decide that she should get up between 7:15 and 7:30 am. She woke up Nick, so now he is up nice and early too. Hopefully he won't be a grump today. :o(

I was quite happy to have had a sale yesterday in my second shop. I keep hoping business will pick up, but with the economy the way it is, that is doubtful. I am looking forward to working in my studio today as I have had some ideas floating around in my head over the weekend that I would like to work on. I am going to try a process I have been doing a little research on. It is a great way to upcycle. I am going to fuse plastic grocery bags together with my iron (about 8 layers), and it creates a material you can sew into various items. It is great for beach bags or shopping bags as it is waterproof. I saw someone actually made their daughter an awesome raincoat from this material. Incredible I think. I have a few ideas I want to try, so today I experiment with the fusing process. The bags are ironed between layers of parchment paper. Tomorrow I will let you know how this went. :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop