Sunday, May 31, 2009

Scales are Down Another 4 Pounds

I was pleasantly surprised to hop on my scales this morning and see that I had lost another 4 pounds.  This puts me at  a little over a 40 pound loss since January.  I am pleased with this rate of loss, although I have lost faster in the past (because I have so much to lose).  This time,I am having things I really like, that aren’t really allowed on the South Beach Diet  once in a while.  This makes the whole dieting aspect so much easier.  I hope I am learning healthy, new habits which help me to make good food choices most of the time and splurge once in a while, instead of the other way around.  This time, if I know I am going to have a bit of a splurge at dinner, I try to be careful the rest of the day.  Actually, even if I am not straying from the diet, but know we are having bread or pasta at dinner, we leave it alone the rest of the day.  This seems to really help.  I would be thrilled to have 75 –100 pounds off by Christmas.

I have finished the poker bag my niece requested for her boyfriend.  The bag itself turned out well, but the drawstring doesn’t seem to work right.  Is the drawstring required to be a certain material or size?  If anyone is a drawstring bag expert, please HELP!!  Tony certainly can’t keep $20 worth of quarters in a bag that doesn’t close properly. :o)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!


My Etsy Shop