Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Birthday

I turned 51 years old today and I have to admit I was not looking forward to my birthday at all.  I was pleasantly surprised bright and early this morning to get a text from my brother Joe, in South Dakota.  He sent me birthday wishes and it made me feel very special.  I then went onto my Facebook account and had birthday wishes from my niece, Liz and also from Megan and Reid. I had other birthday wishes throughout the day also which was really great. Steven and Reid called today also.  Megan and Rachel went together and got me an awesome pair of sneakers . Steve and the boys are getting me the flowers I want for my flower boxes for my birthday.  Rachel and Steve and I went to Red Robin for lunch today and did a little shopping at Joann Fabrics and then at Target.  My Mom invited us for dinner at their house tonight and everything was delicious.  Brad and Nick behaved wonderfully and we were able to stay until around 7:30 pm.  Oh yeah, my best friend, Peggy in Virginia also called to wish me a happy 50th birthday…I laughed and told her she was a year behind..LOL  I have to say that I really had an awesome birthday and I feel quite special.  

I had a surprise this morning when I discovered I had sold the nautical beach bag I had listed in my shop.  It is winging its way to California.  :o)

3 comments:

pippijewelry said...

Happy birthday!

Glad you had such a nice birthday! Play it out as long as you want, too! I am a firm believer that our birthdays should get longer as we get older. :D

best wishes,
~Pippi

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you were able to have fun :)

Jenell's Jewelry said...

Happy birthday!! And congrats on the sale too! =0)


My Etsy Shop