Friday, December 19, 2008

Very Nice Day

I have to say that today was just so enjoyable. I got the laundry room straightened and actually put away the bread making machine, which sat on the counter next to the washing machine, away in the cupboard. We haven't used it in a long time, but didn't want to get rid of it, so now it is out of the way, but it is there when we want it. Anyway, I put away the clutter that had collected on that counter and cleaned it good. Wow, what lot of room that gave me. I put containers of fudge and choc. covered pretzels out there and it is so much better than sitting on my kitchen counters. I put lots of clothes away and reclaimed the laundry room..LOL

Steve made his mom's white peanut butter fudge recipe that is his brothers favorite. Now that his mom is gone, Steve makes some every year. It turned out really good, and is cut and put away. My hubby made a great dinner consisting of french toast, sausage and scrambled eggs. Mmmm...it was so good. I did the dishes and Rachel played a game with the kids. We watched a movie, and just had a really enjoyable day. Tomorrow, we go to my mom's to have a Christmas dinner with my neice, Liz, and her boyfriend, Tony. I love getting to see Liz, but I can't help but remember how nice it was in years past when all my brothers, sisters-in-laws and neices and nephew all got together to have a Christmas celebration. At the time it was kind of crazy and tiring, but looking back, it was really nice. How come it seems we don't appreciate what we have until we don't have it any more. That is one thing I hope I can get through to my kids...enjoy the place you are at and the loved ones in your life. :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop