Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Have to Share Another Recipe :o)

Well, we got lots of wrapping done today, but we are far from done. When we stopped wrapping I took a break and then I tackled making "Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles". I almost forgot about them. I made them for the first time last year and everyone loved them. This year I made a double batch thinking how great it would be not to run out. What I wasn't thinking about was how long it would take to roll a double batch into balls and then dip them all in melted chocolate. Ugh, I thought I would never be done, but alas I am done and they are all put away in tins. I thought I would share this recipe as it is actually quite easy and very well liked. As long as I had the table covered with truffles, I decided to do my Christmas pretzels too. I use the small knots and lay them as close together as possible on waxed paper. I then use a fork and drizzle white, red and green melted chocolate wafers back and forth until they all have some of each color. After that, I just let it harden, break them apart and store in a ziplock bag. These make a great treat to send to school for the kids school party....not too much sweet, but enough to enjoy that great taste of salty and sweet together. :o)

COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES

1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 teas. vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional..I do not use)
1 1/2 lbs. chocolate wafers

1) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy
2) Add the flour, milk and vanilla; mix well
3) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
4) Shape into 1 inch balls; place on wax paper lined baking sheets
5) Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm
6) Melt choc. wafers in a double boiler or microwave, stirring often until smooth
7) Dip balls in coating; place back on the waxed paper lined cookie sheets.
8) Refrigerate until firm, about 15 min. (I just let them set up on the table)
9) If desired drizzle the tops with more melted chocolate (I drizzle with white choc.)
10) Store int he refrigerator

Makes about 66 depending on how much you nibble while making them..LOL

1 comment:

SpinachNPeace said...

These sound heavenly! I might have to try these this weekend!


My Etsy Shop