Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hashbrown Potato Casserole

I just e-mailed this recipe to my oldest daughter as she requested. I got to thinking it would be a great recipe to share, especially with the holidays fast approaching. My mom makes this every year for the family Christmas dinner she hosts either right before or right after Christmas. She serves it with chicken cor. don .bleu and green bean casserole. It is always a hit. For this reason, my children call it Christmas casserole, but believe me, it is good any time of year. Give it a try and me know what you think. :o)

HASHBROWN POTATO CASSEROLE

1 - 2 lb. frozen hashbrown potatoes or shredded

3/4 stick butter

2 cups sour cream

small amount dehydrated onion

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 can cream of chicken soup (cream of mushroom works too)

1 teas. salt

1/2 teas. black pepper

Mix together and place into a greased 9x13 pan


Topping

2 cups crushed corn flakes
3/4 stick of butter, melted

Mix and spread over potato mixture and bake uncovered and bake at 350 degrees about an hour..

1 comment:

Megan said...

hey mom, thanks for sending me this recipe. It turned out delicious! I love these potatoes!


My Etsy Shop