Our daughter and her hubby are here from their home in Canada, and they were talking about fudge and how much they love it. They have gone to the craft show for a bit, so I decided to make them some Penuche fudge. Our whole family loves it and it is so easy and fool proof, that I thought I should share it. You can have it all finished and cooling in about 15 minutes as long as your walnuts are already chopped. So here is the recipe. If anyone tries it, let me know how you like it. It is just as good or better than the kind you cook on the stove and have to use a candy thermometer. So here it is.
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
2/3 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk (NOT EVAPORATED)
1 1/2 teas. vanilla
1) Spread the walnuts in a glass pie plate and microwave uncovered on high for 6 or 7 min. stirring three times, until lightly toasted.
2) Line an 8"x8" square pan with tin foil (bottom and up the sides) and lightly spray with Pam or something like it.
3) In a 2 1/2 or 3 quart microwave safe glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
4) Remove from the microwave and stir in the milk and brown sugar until well blended and microwave uncovered on high for 7-9 minutes and is a med. caramel color. Stir at least 4 times while it is cooking.
5) Remove from microwave and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 min.
6) Add the toasted walnuts and beat for another minute until the mixture is shining.
7) Pour into tinfoil lined pan and spread evenly.
8) Let cool and lift it out of the pan, removing the tinfoil and cut into pieces.
I store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Market day with camera... - Last Saturday, we remembered to bring the camera with when we went to set up at the Albert Lea Farmers' Market with Mom. She hauls a large white beast of a...
3 years ago