Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Keeping in touch

After talking on the phone with my sister-in-law for over 2 hours tonight, I am pondering on why I don't do better at keeping in touch with those I love. I do pretty well keeping up with my grown children, but life gets so busy that I don't keep in touch with my extended family like I should. The thing that is really cool is that the people that really love you are happy to hear from you no matter how long has gone by. Talking and laughing with those you love and care about is almost therapeutic. I laughed a lot during the course of our conversation tonight and really enjoyed myself. I am feeling great...what a nice way to end the day. :o)
This is short tonight but I need to get to bed. We have a meeting at the school at 9:30 am tomorrow for Nick. I hope it goes better than the one we had two weeks ago. Nick is doing better at home for the most part, but he is not doing well at school. The Dr. is going to try him on medication for his ADHD again and see if that helps him focus and counteract his sleepiness.
Oh, and one more thing. Today is the day I get to tell everyone that our oldest daughter and son-in-law are making us grandparents. We were sworn to secrecy for a few weeks and we were bursting to tell everyone. Megan is due in June. It is so exciting!! I will have to talk more about that another day. we will know more after her Dr. appointment tomorrow. Yippee :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop