Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Found a Great New Family Recipe

Does it ever seem like you eat the same meals week after week? It just gets increasingly difficult sometimes to come up with something new and different, especially when you have picky kids. Well, the other day, while cleaning our desk, I found a Kraft magazine called, "Food and Family". There were some really delicious looking food dishes in it. I noticed a recipe for a taco bake, and knowing our kids love tacos, Steve and I decided to try it for dinner last night. Actually my husband is the one that made it as he does most of the cooking. He has been so supportive of me and my business, and has taken over many household jobs so that I am free to work. He is really a honey!! :o) Anyway, I wanted to share the recipe with my readers and urge you to try this recipe. Steve said it was really easy and only bakes a short time. I even loved it, and I don't usually care for salsa.
The only thing we will do different next time is throw the salsa in the blender first so the kids don't have to pick out tomato pieces. It was a huge hit!! Give it a try and let me know what you think. My family decided it was a KEEPER!!

TACO BAKE

Preparation time: 15 minutes / Total 35 minutes

1 pkg. (14 oz.) Kraft Delux Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
1 LB. ground beef
1 pkg. Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups Kraft shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Taco Bell thick and chunky salsa

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare mac and cheese dinner as directed on the package. While macaroni is cooking, brown meat, drain, and add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 minutes.

Stir sour cream into the prepared mac and cheese. Spoon half of the dinner mix into a sprayed 8 " square or 9" round baking dish. Top with meat and spread evenly over the mac and cheese. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the meat. Spread the remaining mac and cheese mixture over the cheese and cover.

Bake covered for 15 minutes. Remove the cover and top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. **We used extra cheese**. Bake uncovered and additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each

Jazz it up: For extra crunch, prepare and bake as directed and top with 1/2 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips along with the salsa and the cheese.

No comments:


My Etsy Shop