Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th

It is hard to believe it is July considering the temperature here is in the 60’s, and I am freezing.  The good news is that it is not raining.  We are having my parents and Steve’s brother over for a picnic around 6 pm….we are eating inside!!!  Steve is going to grill Sahlen hotdogs and  I made a potato salad, a crab macaroni salad and a new salad recipe I got from the Kraft site.  It is really yummy and could actually be a meal all  my itself.  I used 4 cups of cooked mini bow tie pasta, 8 oz. of precooked chicken breast cuts from the dairy case, which I cut in very small pieces.  Next is 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, 2 cups small cantaloupe cubes, and 2 cups green or red seedless grapes cut in half.  This all gets mixed gently and then you add 3/4 cup of Kraft Creamy Poppyseed Dressing, mix well and refrigerate.  The taste we had told us this recipe was a keeper.  I have baked beans in the oven and Steve made a jello cake with cool whip on top.  Hopefully everything will taste great.

Finally, I finished the last of those 5 diaper/tote bags I had cut out.  It seems good to think about making something totally different..  I really had to exercise self discipline to finish all 5 of them before beginning another project.  Here is a pic.  I have a question…if something has fish on it, is it considered “Nautical”??  Couldn’t decide if I should use the word in the description. 

fish diaper bag 1  I would love to hear what everyone did for the 4th.  Leave me a comment and also if you have an opinion about my nautical question!!  :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop