Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Snow

Yup, lucky us, we got more snow overnight and should keep adding inches during the day. I am so ready for Spring. Steve just read somewhere that this is the coldest January we have experienced since 1977. Of course that year was my first year living on my own and going to college, so it is all a bit of a blur and truthfully with all the alcohol I consumed, I probably didn't even notice the cold...LOL

I am going to make some "South Beach" friendly cookies today. For those who may be following the "South Beach" diet, these are phase 1 friendly. These are so amazing because there is no flour in them and yet you would swear there is. I am including the recipe, give it a try if you are a peanut butter cookie lover, but don't want all the carbs that usually go along with peanut butter cookies. I have a hard time keeping the kids out of them. :o)

EASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup natural peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/3 cups Splenda
1 teas. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Roll into small balls (I get approx. 36 tiny cookies per batch).
Place fairly close together as these cookies don't spread much. Press each cookie ball with a fork dipped in Splenda, making a crisscross design. Bake about 8 minutes or until done. Do not over bake. Let cool slightly and remove from pan.

No comments:


My Etsy Shop