Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An A.M. Post

Thought I would jot down a few thoughts before I get busy for the day. Last child just got on his school bus. Bradly gets on his bus at 6:45 and he had a very rough morning. He won't be happy when he gets home from school because that means he didn't earn time on his Gameboy and the computer today. Oh well, I need to remember that he has more good mornings than bad ones these days, and it used to be the other way around.

Today marks a week of us following the "South Beach" diet. We already feel a lot better. I think one of the hardest things is not to be discouraged about how MUCH we need to lose. We know it will take a long time and of course, we all want to get the weight off and look great in a month..LOL I thought I would share our favorite salad recipe.....trust me..once you try this hot dressing, you won't want to go back to other dressings. We love this made with fresh baby spinach.

Chinese Chicken Salad

For two large salads:

1 large or 2 small boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced. I boil mine, but you can grill too.
2 large plates or bowls of torn lettuce or fresh spinach (our favorite)
grape tomatoes
2 slices of bacon, crumbled (I use the precooked kind)
slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
2% shredded cheddar cheese, or part skimmed mozzarella, shredded
thinly sliced cucumber
thinly sliced sweet onion (opt)

* Add whichever of these ingredients you like or come up with some of your own.

DRESSING

1/2 cup canola or olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP. low sodium soy sauce
2 packets of Splenda
1 dash ground ginger
1 dash black pepper
1 dash garlic powder

** Bring the dressing ingredients to a boil in a small pan while stirring with a whisk. Once ingredients are well blended, pour over the two salads evenly...continue whisking while pouring as the dressing separates easily.

ENJOY and let me know i f you try this please. :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop