Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fresh Veggies

My mother has been keeping us supplied with fresh zucchini and yellow squash and green beans out of her garden.  Monday I took two zucchini and stuffed them for dinner.  I cut them in half length wise and scooped out the middle.  I chopped the squash I had pulled out and put it in a frying pan with a little butter and cooked it with onions and minced garlic.  The zucchini halves went into the microwave long enough to half cook them.  Meanwhile, I mixed one egg and about 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.  I slowly stirred the warm squash and onion mixture into the ricotta mixture until it was well blended.  The squash halves went onto a baking sheet with a bit of water in the bottom and the filling went into the zucchini halves and I sprinkled the tops with parmesan cheese.  They baked about 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven and then I added some shredded mozzarella cheese and stuck them under the broiler until they browned.  They were a big hit.  I had two left which we zapped for lunch yesterday and they were still delicious.

Bradly is off to go pick blueberries with my mother.  This is wonderful for him and even better for me because he has been extremely irritating the last few days, and I really need a break from him. :o)

I finally finished my newest “Doggie Travel Bag”.  All the other ones had sold so I figured I better get a new one made.  Here are a couple of pics. 

dog bag 1

dog bag 5

dog bag 6

No comments:


My Etsy Shop