Friday, January 29, 2010

Health Problems

I will be so glad to put January behind us.  It seems as if I have had one medical problem after another for most of this month.  It started with a routine visit to the Dr..  My blood pressure was still high even though I take a blood pressure pill.  The Doc decided to put me on another b/p pill along with the one I was already on.  I was so sick for a week when I decided I didn’t have a bug, it must be the new b/p med. The final straw was the day I was taking a shower and got so weak I was scared I was going to pass out. Sure enough, I quit taking it and felt fine again.  I was also told by the Doc that I was taking too high a dose of Motrin.  She wanted to cut back on it, but I decided just to quit taking it all together.  I assumed I was going to have to get used to hurting a lot more.  The most amazing thing happened…I actually hurt way LESS without it.  When I think of how many years I have been taking it and the damage that it may have done to my kidneys I just shudder.

My next medical dilemma happened when I started having female problems which progressed to the point that I ended up taken to the emergency room in an ambulance (not an experience I ever care to repeat by the way).   This is when I discovered that my gynecologist whom I hadn’t seen in way too long, had retired last year.  I have been so stressed and worried about finding a Dr. I like and could trust, especially since I may have a hysterectomy in my future.  I went to the Dr. yesterday and she set me up with a very nice place to get my tests done and the girl in the office set me up with the gynecologist that some of the nurses and office staff see.  She is located in Orchard Park and I already have an appointment for Feb. 24th which will be after my tests are completed.  I can’t tell you what a relief it is to know how to deal with this and who to have for a Dr.

I do apologize for totally neglecting my blog.  I actually tried to write a few times and just gave up.  I was so down, I couldn’t think of anything positive to say, so I thought it best not to try.  :o)  Hopefully I am back in the swing of things and will update much more frequently.  Thanks for sticking with me.  :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop