Thursday, September 24, 2009

Steven’s Visit

Steven (our 26 year old son)flew in from Houston and was in NY for almost a week.  He stayed with a friend in West Seneca but we saw him quite a few times.  Last Thursday, we met and went to lunch at “Red Robin”.  Rachel skipped a class so she could go and Reid drove from Brockport.  The only one missing of our homemade four was Megan.  We were all wishing so much that she could have been there.  It was really nice.  Sunday, Steven took Brad and Nick fishing.  Brad caught 2 fish and Nick caught 10.  On Monday we met at the camper and had a birthday supper for Steven (his birthday was the 10th of Sept.).  My parents and Steve’s brother stopped by for birthday cake and to see Steven.  We had two cakes…one for Steven and one for mu hubby Steve since his birthday was Tues., the 22nd.  Steven chose pistachio pudding cake and my hubby picked banana cake with flour frosting.  They were both quite yummy I must say.  Parting was very hard as we may not see each other for another year.  :o(

I have been working hard trying to get our shops filled.  I had a convo from a lady in Italy this morning wanting to purchase the pink dog booties, but have them shipped to a friend in Chicago. She wondered how to do that and not have Etsy automatically charge her for overseas shipping.  I told her I thought the easiest way was to just purchase and pay the shipping and then I would reimburse her paypal account the $2.75 difference in shipping.  I am waiting to hear from her.  If the booties sell, this will be our first sale from our new shop.  Mindy, our dog groomer has sold some collars at her grooming shop.  My niece,  Elizabeth suggested that I should make little doggie snack bags for dog training classes.  I talked to Mindy (who  also teaches dog training and agility classes) about the pouches.  She said many of her students do use them for agility training and she thought they would definitely sell well.  I need to figure out which clips I am going to use because if someone doesn’t have a belt loop I want them to be able to clip it to their waistband.  I spent the last two days working on two clutch purses for my ARELEL DESIGNS shop. 

Time to go make a pot of coffee and get busy for the day.  :o)

No comments:


My Etsy Shop